viernes, 31 de mayo de 2019

Hi everyone! On this post, I want to answer the question: Are there any different expectations for sons and daughters? 😐 

Women are always expected to be at home doing the toilet, or cooking in the kitchen. On the other hand, men are always expected to play football, study engineering, (as if women are not capable of doing so, pffff) be always better, braver and ruder. 

I must admit that this has changed over the years, but it does not mean that it has not stopped happening in others cultures: typically in more conservative countries. 

Well, as a personal experience, I've always known that my parents have had different expectations from me, because of being a woman. My parents, my grandma, my aunt and many more have expected me to be a lady; a good girl, who never says rude things. 

On the other hand, my brother, Ariel, has never been expected to be or do any of this. The truth is that he has always had the chance to  be whatever he wants. He has never had to behave like a gentlemen, or done his duties. My parents have never got mad at him for anything. 

I think this is very bad and sad, because it is not good to educate us differently. Until today, I hope you do not have the image of a good girl about me, because I'm not. It´s just me and nothing else. 





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario